Are you the one we’re looking for?
We are currently looking for new summer staff. Deadline to apply: Please send a resume and cover letter to our Executive Director, Mary Forbes, at
With the subject line “Application for Summer Position” by April 1, 2021. Details below.
Job posting for summer students! You must submit your resume by April 1st, 2021. All information needed is in the post. Please read carefully.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
● Participate in in-depth Potato House orientation
● Lead guided tours for school groups
● Monitor, track, and record visitor attendance
● Assist visitors to the site and provide brief guided tours as needed
● Assist volunteers in maintaining the Community Gardens
● Assist in basic heritage site conservation, restoration, and maintenance
● Keep an inventory of historic artifacts in the Potato House collection
● Participate in digital marketing of the organization, including social media
● Assist with compost processing (we promise – it’s a good kind of grossness)
● Assist professional curators to create and install high quality exhibit materials for public viewing
● Assist with event planning and implementation such as garden parties, music events, education sessions, and others
● Perform frontline conservation through cleaning of storage areas, displays, windows, and outside areas at the Potato House
● Perform additional duties as required by the organization
Desired skills and abilities:
Candidates for the Potato House Project summer student positions must:
● Be willing to work with school age children and members of the public of all ages
● Have a passion for learning and a sense of creativity
● Be outgoing, hardworking, and friendly
● Have an interest in event planning
● Be able to work both indoors and outdoors
● Be able and/or willing to learn to use basic hand and power tools
● Be comfortable working independently and as part of a team
● Communicate effectively in both written and oral forms
● Understand and follow oral and written instructions
Deadline to apply:Please send a resume and cover letter to our Executive Director, Mary Forbes, at email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Summer Position” by April 1, 2021.
No specific academic background is preferred, though an interest and willingness to learn about local sustainable practices and history will be an asset. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a criminal records check and copies of proof of enrollment will be required at the time of interview.
Applicants must meet the requirements of CAnada Summer Jobs and Young Canada Works as follows:
● Must hold Canadian citizenship or permanent residency status
● Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
● Must be between the ages of 16 and 30
● Must be registered as a full time student and intent to return to school/university in Fall of 2021
● Must not be employed by another employer during the summer
These positions are subject to funding from the Canada Summer Jobs and Young Canada Works programs, full details are available here:
For questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Executive Director, Mary Forbes, at firstname.lastname@example.orgWe thank all applicants for their interest, however only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.